World-class speaker line-up announced for Canalys Channels Forums 2013
Palo Alto, Shanghai, Singapore and Reading – Thursday, 16 May 2013
APC by Schneider Electric, Juniper Networks, Toshiba, Acer, AMD, Eaton, McAfee, Trend Micro, Webroot, Autotask, CHG, Vision Solutions and Vidyo have also confirmed participation.
The Canalys Channels Forums are the only independent conferences totally dedicated to the channel. They are the annual ‘must attend’ events for leading channel players. This year’s events will be held at two fantastic five-star locations: Barcelona, from 1 to 3 October, and Bangkok, from 22 to 24 October. Canalys will attract in the region of 1,000 attendees to each event.
The IT industry is in a phase of multiple shifts, driven by the consumerization of IT, enterprise mobility, cloud computing and data-driven transformation. These technology-driven changes are cascading through to purchase decision processes and IT management competencies. The Channels Forums will discuss transitions in personal computing, enterprise infrastructure, security investment and, perhaps most significantly, in the way enterprise technology is purchased, managed and refreshed.
Following the success of last year’s sold-out conferences in Barcelona and Singapore, Canalys has secured an exciting and world-class speaker line-up that already includes:
- Meg Whitman, President and Chief Executive Officer, HP
- Gianfranco Lanci, President EMEA and Senior Vice President, Lenovo Group
- Jos Brenkel, SVP, WW Sales Strategy, Printing and Personal Systems, HP
- Sue Barsamian, SVP and GM, Global Sales and Operations, HP Enterprise Group
- Bill Scannell, President, Global Sales and Customer Operations, EMC
- Joergen Jakobsen, VP & GM Channels, Asia Pacific & Japan, EMC
- Steve Brazier, President and CEO, Canalys
- Alastair Edwards, Principal Analyst, Canalys
- Philippe Arsonneau, Senior Vice President - Asia Pacific and Japan, Schneider Electric
- Pankaj Sharma, VP of APW President & VP of HBN, Marketing – Asia Pacific & Japan, Schneider Electric
- Mike Hughes, Senior Vice President EMEA - Schneider Electric IT Business
Vendors should contact Canalys directly for more information about how to be part of the Channels Forums. Channel partners should contact their distributors, as event attendance is by invitation only. Members of the press can request places at both the APAC and EMEA events, and individuals will be notified once press passes have been allocated.
About the events
The Channels Forums will take place in October. The EMEA event will be held in Barcelona, from 1 to 3 October, and the APAC event in Bangkok, from 22 to 24 October. More information about the events can be found at www.canalyschannelsforum.com.
Canalys is an independent analyst firm that strives to guide clients on the future of the technology industry and to think beyond the business models of the past. We deliver smart market insights to IT, channel and service provider professionals around the world. Our customer-driven analysis and consulting services empower businesses to make informed decisions and generate sales. We stake our reputation on the quality of our data, our innovative use of technology, and our high level of customer service.
To receive press releases directly, or for more information about our events, services or custom research and consulting capabilities, please complete the contact form on our web site.
For more information: