Canalys Channels Forums gather tech leaders to inspire and engage with partners and accelerate change
Palo Alto, Singapore and Reading (UK) — Thursday, 7 August 2014
Canalys today announced the keynote speaker line-up for this year’s Canalys Channels Forum events. The annual forums are the only independent conferences totally dedicated to the channel. This year’s events will be held at three fantastic five-star locations: Cannes from 23-25 September, Rio de Janeiro from 21-23 October and Shanghai from 4–6 November. The addition of the Latin America-focused Rio de Janeiro event, new for 2014, means the events are now more accessible than ever for channel partners who would not normally have access to such a large number of senior decision-makers from across their region.
‘Channel partners look for engagement, inspiration and faster paths to profitable growth from vendors,’ said Alastair Edwards, Principal Analyst for Channels at Canalys. ‘The Canalys Channels Forum global tour aims to achieve just that: to engage and inspire our participants to accelerate their ability to exploit the next wave of technology solutions.’
Canalys has secured an exciting and world-class speaker line-up that is still growing across the regions, but already includes:
- Meg Whitman, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, HP.
- Nick Earle, Senior Vice President, Intercloud, Cisco.
- Douglas Balog, General Manager, Power Systems, IBM.
- Darrel Ward, Vice President, Enterprise Business Group, Lenovo.
- Gregg Ambulos, Senior Vice President Global Channel Sales, EMC.
- Chad Sakac, SVP, Global Pre Sales, EMC.
- Bill Veghte, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Enterprise Group, HP.
- Octavio Osorio, Vice-President of Latin America, EMC.
- Lynn Anderson, Senior Vice President, Demand Generation and Channel Marketing, HP.
- Sue Barsamian, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Indirect Sales, Enterprise Group, HP.
- Jordi Botifoll, President, Cisco LatAm and SVP, Cisco Americas.
- Steve Brazier, President and CEO, Canalys.
- Alastair Edwards, Principal Analyst, Canalys.
To stay up to date with the speaker list for each event, follow us at @CanalysForum. To find out how to be part of the events, vendors should contact Canalys directly for more information and to discuss participation, while channel partners should contact their distributors, as event attendance is by invitation only. Members of the press can request places at the APAC, EMEA and LATAM events, and individuals will be notified once press passes have been allocated.
About the events
The Channels Forums will take place from September to November 2014. The EMEA event runs from 23-25 September in Cannes, France. The LATAM conference takes place from 21-23 October in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Finally, the APAC forum runs from 4–6 November in Shanghai, China. More information about the events can be found at www.canalyschannelsforum.com.
Canalys is an independent analyst company that strives to guide clients on the future of the technology industry and to think beyond the business models of the past. We deliver smart market insights to IT, channel and service provider professionals around the world. Our customer-driven analysis and consulting services empower businesses to make informed decisions and generate sales. We stake our reputation on the quality of our data, our innovative use of technology and our high level of customer service.
To view the chart(s) from this press release, and others from Canalys, download the new Insight @Canalys app today from the Apple App Store, the Google Play store or as an HTML 5 web app.
To receive press releases directly, or for more information about our events, services or custom research and consulting capabilities, please complete the contact form on our web site.
For more information: