- Canalys - Technology Market Analyst
Technology Market Analyst - Bangalore, India
Canalys is looking for a Market Research Analyst who will be a part of the alpha Mobility Research team in India and will be responsible for contributing to Canalys' mobility industry research on smartphones, smart speakers, wearables and client PCs. As one of the first analysts in India, you will be instrumental in leading Canalys' services and products for clients locally as well as globally.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for Canalys' Global mobility research services, including monthly and quarterly reports on vendor performance, global market, macro-economic forces, etc.
- Face-to-face and desk research on areas of mobility, with a focus on channels, and vendor go-to-market strategies.
- Client engagement including presentations to the client on a regular basis, as well as responding to client inquiries on Canalys' mobility research.
- Keep up to date on market trends in consumer technology and build a professional network to aide and understand future trends and reports.
- Attend vendor briefings, meetings, trade shows and conferences that may include foreign travel.
Desired Skills and Experience
The candidate may be a recent graduate or be looking for their next role after 1-2 years of experience preferably within IT and telecoms, market research or an area that uses a similar skill set.
- Master's Degree preferred with a specialization in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, commerce and/or data-science. Bachelor's Degree is a must.
- Prior experience in market research is preferred but not compulsory.
- Skills in data analysis, manipulation and visualization preferred. Experience in data modelling is a bonus.
- Show a strong aptitude for technology. Be apprised of current market trends and a have a keen understanding of the future direction in which the market is headed to.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, are essential.
- Knowledge of database tools such as Access or SQL will be a bonus.
- Strong English language verbal and written skills are essential. Fluency in another language would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company values of Accountability, Quality, Passion, Care, Being Flexible and Thinking Globally.
Benefits and Perks
The company provides a range of benefits to its employees, including and not limited to a comprehensive medical claim & health insurance policy, employee provident fund contribution and variable performance bonus which are competitive and in-line with industry standard.
The successful applicant will join a global, fast-growing and successful company with a relaxed, but hardworking and client-focused culture. We create a platform for innovation and offer an opportunity to become influential in the market. We operate a close-knit working environment, where everyone is treated with respect.
To apply, please click here.