- Canalys - Technology Market Analyst
Technology Market Analyst - Bangalore, India
We are looking for a Technology Market Analyst who will be a part of the Mobility Research team in India and will be responsible for contributing to Canalys' mobility industry research on smartphones, smart speakers, smart audio, wearables and client PCs. As a part of the mobility research team of Canalys in India, you will be instrumental in leading Canalys' services and products for clients locally as well as globally.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for Canalys' Global Mobility Research services, including monthly and quarterly reports on vendor performance, global market trends, macro-economic trends, etc.
- Face-to-face and desk research on areas of mobility, with a focus on channels, and vendor go-to-market strategies.
- Client engagement including presentations to the client on a regular basis, as well as responding to client inquiries on Canalys' mobility research.
- Keep up to date on market trends in consumer technology, and build a professional network to aide and understand future trends and reports.
- Attend vendor briefings, meetings, trade shows and conferences that may include foreign travel.
You are a 'numerically-inclined' storyteller who is passionate about consumer tech. You understand the business of technology and are able to articulate your ideas effectively and with clarity. You are comfortable translating researched information into actionable insights that can help business leaders make decisions with confidence. You are a self-starter who loves working with small teams and are capable of mentoring junior members.
Qualifications and skills
- Master's Degree with a specialization in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, commerce, and/or data science is preferred.
- Prior experience in market research is compulsory.
- Skills in data analysis, manipulation, and visualization preferred. Experience in data modeling and knowledge of Tableau, Python or R is a bonus.
- Strong aptitude for technology. Apprised of current market trends and a keen understanding of the future direction in which the market is headed.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, are essential.
- Strong communication skills as the role require addressing client inquiry and press. Strong English language verbal and written skills are essential. Fluency in another language would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, demonstrated leadership skill
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company values of Accountability, Quality, Passion, Care, Being Flexible, and Thinking Globally.
The company provides a range of benefits to its employees, including and not limited to a comprehensive medical claim & health insurance policy and variable performance bonus which are competitive and in-line with industry standard.
The successful applicant will join a global, fast-growing, and successful company with a relaxed, but hardworking and client-focused culture. We create a platform for innovation and offer an opportunity to become influential in the market. We operate a close-knit working environment, where everyone is treated with respect.
To apply, please click here.