- Canalys - Technology Market Analyst
Technology Market Analyst - Singapore
Canalys are recruiting for a Technology Market Analyst position within the Canalys Mobility Global team. The individual will join a high-performance team in the Asia Pacific region, focusing on personal technology including and not limited to smartphones, client PC's, voice assistants, wearables and smart home technology. The ideal candidate must be passionate about technology, and keen to produce high quality research that helps Canalys' clients make sound business decisions.
- Become a subject matter expert in mobility and personal computing.
- An integral member of the team that generates Canalys Quarterly reports for mobility, by leading our research in specific regions, vendors and technologies.
- Writes opinion-led research reports on key trends and developments in the industry.
- Address client inquiries by internal research or by building expert contacts across the industry.
- Meet with clients across the world to present Canalys insight and research.
- Attend technology conferences to keep up to date with major trends happening and to meet with key people in the industry.
- Support sales to identify new clients for Canalys research and consulting services.
- Support or lead new Canalys research and consulting products and broaden our offerings to cater to new requirements or changes in the industry.
Desired skills and experience
- Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or any other quantitative field. Your qualification is irrelevant if you can prove that you have an aptitude for numbers.
- Fluency in English, and one other language. (Mandarin/Chinese is a must for Shanghai-based applicants).
- Proficient in Office tools: PowerPoint, Excel, Word (Proficiency in data modelling is preferred).
- Comfortable working with large sets of data (Knowledge of SQL is a plus).
- Additional exposure to data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI or automation/scripting will be an advantage.
Candidates with lesser work experience are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will join a global, fast-growing and successful company with a relaxed, but hardworking and client-focused culture. We create a platform for innovation and offer an opportunity to become influential in the market. We operate a close-knit working environment, where everyone is treated with respect.
How to apply
- Please send your resume and a cover letter stating in less than 200 words as to why you would make an ideal candidate.
- Email the two documents to email@example.com with the keyword ‘RA19APAC’ in the subject line.