- Canalys - Tech Industry Analyst
Tech Industry Analyst - Palo Alto, USA
Canalys is looking for a Research Analyst to support our fast-growing and highly respected worldwide market intelligence services which supports technology companies.
The Research Analyst will work in an experienced global team looking at the cybersecurity market landscape. The role requires face-to-face and desk-based research to generate analysis for written reports, presentations, and client inquiries. The Research Analyst will also be required to attend research meetings and conferences across the United States.
The role will be based out of our office in Portland, Oregon.
- Working on the quarterly data process where we track and assess the performance of leading companies.
- Conduct on-going primary research, contacting companies to interview them about their strategies.
- Produce short, topical, opinion-led reports on the cybersecurity industry, focusing on how companies are evolving their portfolio to combat cyber-threats.
- Lead in client engagements, demonstrating a depth of knowledge into researched subject matters.
- Attend briefings, meetings, trade shows and conferences across the US; foreign travel may be required on occasion.
What makes a good candidate?
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Hunger – they are keen to learn about the cybersecurity industry and build their reputation as an expert in this field. They will proactively build contacts across the industry. They are self-disciplined to meet deadlines and operate with minimal supervision.
- Techy– they are interested in technology and fascinated about the field of cybersecurity. They are excited to learn more about these subjects and to use their insights to guide the performance of industry players.
- Analytical – they know how to work with data, but also understand that insights come from expertise. They go beyond the numbers to focus on the ‘why’ something is happening. They have an opinion on the subject and are happy to share it. They possess business acumen to ascertain the relationships between products and strategy and overall business performance.
- Social – they work in a virtual team so need to be able to forge relationships over the phone and other collaboration platforms. They will proactively build contacts across the industry and understand that these relationships are important tools to collect. They know how to act in a professional setting when meeting with senior industry executives.
What is required of a candidate?
- One to two years of professional experience.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Culturally aware as the role involves working within a global virtual team environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- This is an office-based role. Candidate will be expected to commute to downtown Portland.
What does Canalys offer?
The successful applicant will join a global, fast-growing and successful company with a friendly and client-focused culture. We run a close-knit working environment where everyone is treated with respect, and promote a healthy work-life balance. Successful analysts become influential with the largest tech companies that view us as trusted advisors.
There is a high possibility of travel, typically including at least one international trip per year. Promotion is probable for Research Analysts that can demonstrate a client-focused attitude. A competitive salary and full benefits package are on offer, alongside a healthy amount of annual paid leave.
Send your resume with a covering letter highlighting why you are a good fit for this particular position, quoting reference ‘RA19US’. Please address to the HR department and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please. Applicants for previously advertised positions should not re-apply.