Canalys is looking for an Analyst to support our highly respected worldwide market intelligence services business which supports technology companies.
The Analyst will work in an experienced global team looking at the technology channel landscape. The role requires face-to-face and desk-based research to generateanalysis for written reports,presentations, and client inquiries. The Analyst will also be required to attend research meetings and conferences across the United States.
The role will be based out of our office in Portland, Oregon(at least 40% of the time).
The analyst will support our channel research and advisory offerings, which is a mixture of continuous subscription services (where we provide support through analyst inquiries and report publications)as well as custom research projects. Across these offerings, the analyst will be expected to perform the following duties:
• Conduct on-going primary research, including contacting companies to develop and understanding of their strategies.
• Produce short report son the technology channel sector across the US market.
• Lead in client engagements, demonstrating a depth of knowledge into researched subjects.
• When travel resumes, be available to attend briefings, meetings, trade shows and conferencesacross the US;foreign travelmay be required on occasion.
What makes a good candidate?
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
• Hunger– They are keen to learn about the technology channel and build their reputation as an expert in this field. They are self-disciplined to meet deadlines and operate with minimal supervision.
• Techy - They are interested in technology and want to stay at the cutting edge. They are excited to learn more about different parts of the technology industryand to use their insights to guide industry executives.
• Analytical – They know how to work with data, but also understand that insights come from expertise. They go beyond the numbers to focus on the ‘why’ something is happening. They have an opinion on the subject and are happy to share it. They possess business acumen to ascertain the relationships between products and strategy and overall business performance.
• Social – They work in a global virtual team so mustbe able to forge relationships over video. They will proactively build contacts across the industryand understand that these relationships are important tools to collect. They know how to act in a professional setting when meeting with senior industry executives.
What is required of a candidate?
• At least two yearsof professional experience preferred, in the fields of market research, consulting or tech journalism.
• Recent college graduates may also be considered.
• A bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Culturally aware as the role involves working within a global virtual team environment.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
• This is apartial office-based role(40% of the time). Candidate will be expected to commute to downtown Portland.
What does Canalys offer?
The successful applicant will join a globaland successful company with a friendly and client-focused culture. We run a close-knit working environment where everyone is treated with respect, and promote a healthy work-life balance. Successful analysts become influential with the largest tech companies that view us as trusted advisors.
There is a high possibility of travel, typically including at least one international trip per year. Promotion is probable for Research Analysts that can demonstrate a client-focused attitude. A competitive salary and full benefits package are on offer, alongside a generous allotment ofannual paid leave.
Send your resume with a covering letter highlighting why you are a good fit for this particular position, quoting reference ‘RA21US’. Please address to the HR department and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please. Applicants for previously advertised positions should not re-apply