- Canalys - Graduate Technology Market Research Analyst
Graduate Technology Market Research Analyst - Reading, UK
Canalys is looking for a Technology Market Analyst to be a part of the Mobility Research team, based in the UK, to contribute to Canalys' mobility industry research, including smartphones, PCs, wearables, IoT, and related industries. The individual must be results-oriented, hungry to drive innovation within the service, implement ideas, and work with team members to drive commercial success. The individual will be part of a globally dispersed team, and must be able to manage working with colleagues and senior executives from around the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting the Canalys mobility research agenda and conducting primary research with vendors and industry experts to acquire market insights to support clients’ decision making.
- Creating and delivering research deliverables to clients (including quarterly market tracking data and forecasts, reports, webcast etc.)
- Presenting research insights to client regional or global teams.
- Developing and broadening a research network in the EMEA region.
- Contribute to global research engagements/projects, which may include conducting research interviews.
You are a 'numerically-inclined' storyteller who is passionate about consumer technology and curious about new business models in the technology industry. You understand the business of technology and are able to articulate your ideas effectively and with clarity. You are comfortable translating researched information into actionable insights that can help business leaders make decisions with confidence. You are a self-starter who loves working with small teams and are capable of mentoring junior members.
Qualifications and skills
- Master's / Bachelor's Degree with a specialization in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, commerce and/or data science is preferred.
- A good understanding of the current and emerging technology market trends and how they might impact industry stakeholders.
- Good communication skills, as the role requires responding to client inquiry and addressing the press.
- Strong analytical skills, numerically inclined. Experience in data modeling and knowledge of Tableau, Python or R is not a must, but is a bonus.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, are essential.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Prior experience in market research is an added bonus. Exposure in parallel industries of technology, IT, or devices will also be given due weightage.
- Strong English language verbal and written skills are essential. Fluency in other languages would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company values of Accountability, Quality, Passion, Care, Being Flexible and Thinking Globally.
- Willing to learn and share.
The company provides a range of benefits to its employees, including and not limited to a comprehensive medical health insurance policy and a variable performance bonus, which are competitive and in-line with industry standard.
The successful applicant will join a global, fast-growing and successful company with a relaxed, but hardworking and client-focused culture. We create a platform for innovation and offer an opportunity to become influential in the market. We operate a close-knit working environment, where everyone is treated with respect.
How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter stating in less than 200 words as to why you would make an ideal candidate.
Email the two documents to email@example.com with the keyword ‘RA20UK’ in the subject line.