Highly detailed quarterly data and forecasts for all PC categories
Canalys’ global PC Analysis service offers a unique view of the entire client PC market, with sound methodology-driven shipment estimates and forecasts for desktops, notebooks and tablets. We combine this with Canalys’ unique expertise and direct channels research Channel Analysis to provide a detailed view of routes-to-market dynamics and end-user demand.
Canalys’ proprietary PC shipment tracking database is delivered via an innovative, in-house advanced digital delivery tool that allows you to download the required data anytime, anywhere and in any format. At Canalys, we deliver the most detailed and accurate data for the client PC market, with shipment estimates and forecasts for desktops, notebooks, tablets and two-in-ones.
The PC Analysis service helps clients in many ways:
Innovative market sizing
Canalys’ advanced digital tooling and market source collation technology delivers highly accurate PC market sizing.
Latest industry trends analysis
Unlike the competition, our analysis has been built ground-up to support intelligence about trends, such as connected PCs, gaming-capable PCs, ultra-slims and even secure PCs.
Market-based historical and forecast indexes
Canalys provides regional and market-based vendor indexes (slide decks) that help clients to absorb all our data quickly for better top-level understanding.
Unique channel-level insights
Candefero, an online community of channel partners fully owned by Canalys, provides unique insights.
Installed-base estimates and forecasts
An industry-first, Canalys publishes quarterly updated installed base estimates of PCs by different categories to help OEMs and platform vendors measure the total addressable market accurately.
Digital data delivery with customizable APIs
Canalys creates customized APIs for your organization to deliver real-time data so that you always have the latest numbers.
PC Analysis service includes
- Desktop, notebook, tablet and workstation shipment estimates by model covering 50+ specs
- Offered in 52+ markets across seven sub-regions
- A range of accessible analysis: strategy outlooks, vendor performance indexes, country profiles and forecast summaries and assumptions
- The latest specs, including CPU and GPU – Intel, Nvidia, Qualcomm, AMD, Apple and more
- Accurate value tracking via sell-through pricing for usable revenue analysis
- Global Chromebook shipment estimates by vendor broken down in 20+ core markets
- Additional splits by channel (ecommerce, store, reseller, systems integrator and more); end-user (consumer, micro, small, medium, large, enterprise, government, education) shipment estimates
- Two-year quarterly and five-year annual forecasts by category, platform and end user (commercial/consumer)
- Additional forecast splits by screen size and price band across all categories for granular and targeted analysis
- Installed-base estimates and forecasts by category and platform (Android, macOS, iPadOS, Windows, Linux)
- Unlimited inquiries with a 24-hour response time