- Canalys - Technology Market Analyst (SG-UK-US)
Technology Market Analyst (SG-UK-US) - Singapore
We are looking for a Technology Market Analyst who will be a part of the Mobility Research team in Singapore/UK/ US offices and will be responsible for contributing to Canalys' mobility industry research, focusing on smartphones, PCs and related industries. The individual must be result-oriented, hungry to drive the innovation within the service, implement ideas, and work with team members to drive commercial success. The individual will be part of a globally dispersed team, and must be able to manage working with colleagues and senior executives from around the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting the Canalys mobility research agenda and conducting primary research with vendors and industry experts to acquire market insights to support clients’ decision making.
- Creating and delivering research deliverables to clients (including quarterly market tracking data and forecasts, reports, webcast etc)
- Presenting research insights clients’ regional or global team
- Developing and broadening research network in the APAC /EMEA/ Americas region
- Contribute to global research engagements/projects, which may include conducting research interviews.
You are a 'numerically-inclined' storyteller who is passionate about consumer tech and curious about new business models in the technology industry. You understand the business of technology and are able to articulate your ideas effectively and with clarity. You are comfortable translating researched information into actionable insights that can help business leaders make decisions with confidence. You are a self-starter who loves working with small teams and are capable of mentoring junior members.
Qualifications and skills
- Develop a good understanding of the current and emerging market and technology trends and their impact on clients’ business
- Good communication skills as the role require responding to client inquiry and addressing the press.
- Strong analytical skill, numerically inclined. Experience in data modeling and knowledge of Tableau, Python or R is not a must but is a bonus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, demonstrated leadership skill
- Willing to learn and share.
- Master's / Bachelor's Degree with a specialization in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, commerce and/or data science is preferred.
- Prior experience in market research is an added bonus. Exposure in parallel industries of technology, IT, or devices will also be given due weightage.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, are essential.
- Strong English language verbal and written skills are essential. Fluency in other languages would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company values of Accountability, Quality, Passion, Care, Being Flexible and Thinking Globally.
The company provides a range of benefits to its employees, including and not limited to a comprehensive medical claim & health insurance policy and variable performance bonus which are competitive and in-line with industry standard.
The successful applicant will join a global, fast-growing and successful company with a relaxed, but hardworking and client-focused culture. We create a platform for innovation and offer an opportunity to become influential in the market. We operate a close-knit working environment, where everyone is treated with respect.
How to apply
- Please send your resume and a cover letter stating in less than 200 words as to why you would make an ideal candidate.
- Email the two documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the keyword ‘RA20UK/SG/US’ in the subject line.