- Canalys - Senior Technology Market Analyst
Senior Technology Market Analyst - Reading, UK
Senior Analyst (Analyst) – EMEA/Greater China/APAC
Canalys are recruiting for a senior-level Analyst position within the Canalys Global Mobility team. The individual will support our global research, focusing on PC, semiconductor, and related technology industry. The individual must be result-oriented, hungry to drive the innovation within the service, implement ideas, and work with team members to drive commercial success. The individual will be part of a globally dispersed team and must be able to manage to work with colleagues and senior executives from around the world.
- Supporting Research Director to develop the service's research agenda and strategic directions
- Working with the research team to conduct primary research with vendors and industry experts to acquire the market insights to support clients’ decision making.
- Creating and delivering research deliverables to clients (including quarterly market tracking data and forecasts, reports, webcast etc)
- Presenting insights to senior-level decision-makers of clients’ regional or global team
- Developing client relationship and broadening research network
- Contribute to global research engagements/projects, which may include conducting research interviews.
- Supporting business development of projects
- Work with digital team to improve research and data collection methodologies.
Desired skills and experience
- Develop a good understanding of the current and emerging market and technology trends and their impact on clients’ business and Canalys research
- Good communication skills including presentation and articulating analysis to senior executives
- Strong analytical skill, numerically inclined. Experience in data modeling is a bonus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, demonstrated leadership skill
- Fluency in English (fluency in Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or another language is a bonus).
- Willing to learn and share.
- Ability to cope with pressure and have a clear understanding of priority
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company value of Accountability, Quality, Passion, Care, Being flexible, and Thinking globally.
The preferred candidate should have 5 years+ of experience in market research, a market intelligence division of an IT company, a media firm, or in any roles that have worked with PC vendors or ODM/component suppliers’ product, market strategy, and/or market insight team.
The successful applicant will join a global, fast-growing, and successful company with a relaxed, but hardworking and client-focused culture. We create a platform for innovation and offer an opportunity to become influential in the market. We operate a close-knit working environment, where everyone is treated with respect.
How to apply
- Please send your resume and a cover letter stating in less than 200 words (or a 5-minute video) as to why you would make an ideal candidate.
- Email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the keyword ‘SAAPAC’ in the subject line.