Canalys are looking for a Market Research Intern, who will be responsible for collating desktop research and industry databases that are integral as part of our analysts’ deliverables. Taking charge of updating and maintaining the partner program profiles on our global partner program website designed for clients and channel partners, which is used to identify opportunities and competition. Certain tasks will require industrial knowledge and the candidate will be provided with training to perform the needed job tasks and also introductory exposure to the IT industry, especially in the business aspect. If time allows, the intern may also get opportunities to perform analytical market research during their time with Canalys.
· Collect online data on existing market vendors’ top partners and consolidate information into databases as deliverables.
· Collect information to update and maintain the partner program profiles on our global partner program for clients and channel partners.
· Possibly provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, sales and methods of operation.
· Ensure information in deliverables are accurate.
· Ensure partner programs are up to date and be abreast of partner program updates.
Qualifications and skills
· Due to the nature of work, a team player who is detail oriented, responsible, well-disciplined and able to exercise autonomy.
· University undergraduates (Computer Science/ Business / Finance / Economics / undergrads).
· Candidates from other faculties with knowledge and interest in the IT industry are welcome to try.
· An interest or knowledge in the IT industry, preferably in the business aspect.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
· Must be proficient in English. An additional language would be a plus but not a necessity.
The successful applicant will join a global, fast-growing and successful company with a relaxed, but hardworking and client-focused culture. We create a platform for innovation and offer an opportunity to become influential in the market. We operate a close-knit working environment, where everyone is treated with respect.
How to apply