- Canalys - Events and Marketing Executive
Events and Marketing Executive - Singapore
This role requires a ‘hands on’, conscientious and self-motivated individual who consistently meets objectives and timescales. Being naturally organized and able to manage multiple projects at the same time is essential. This role also requires the ability and confidence to engage and interact with senior clients in the global IT industry.
This is a pivotal role based out of our Singapore office, reporting to the Events Manager (also based in Singapore).
The applicant will work on a range of different marketing disciplines and on a unique portfolio of growing global events with assigned responsibility for specific key areas. Flexibility and a hands-on approach will be essential for success in a very busy working environment. This is an exciting opportunity in a demanding, but very rewarding role, within a fast-growing company.
You will have the opportunity to make a direct and measurable impact - to content, products or internal and external clients. You will have direct exposure to the management team and have the chance to share your ideas and opinions with them regularly.
Key responsibilities and objectives
- Assist with the global event planning, concept development and project management.
- Support sales team in devising and selling effective event packages to existing and new customers.
- Be the primary interface/contact person for specific groups of event partners and sponsors during the run-up to events and onsite at events.
- Grow to become the main logistics and delegate management coordinator with the travel/delegate management agency.
- Maintain and improve relationships with our regional media and press partners to increase exposure of our event.
- Support region-specific sponsor accounts.
- Work closely with the in-house digital development team to enhance and improve the event websites and app, ensuring Canalys continues to be at the forefront of web design and technology.
- Coordinate staffing travel and accommodation requirements and staff briefings.
- Support the global team and play an instrumental role in contributing to, and development of, integrated marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop and implement creative marketing strategies that will make an impact, support the brand and drive sales and online traffic.
- Liaise and network with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and press.
- Ideally fluent in both Mandarin and English.
- Graduate-level oriented.
- Highly organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously without being nudged or reminded about tasks and responsibilities.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
- Able to anticipate potential problems and know when to ask for help.
- Very familiar with Word, Powerpoint and Google Drive.
- A great communicator - via email, by phone and in-person.
- An excellent negotiator and is resourceful and relentless trying to get to a solution.
- Understand that the world of events is not a 9-5 job, all the time.
- Possess a professional appearance and demeanor - comfortable dealing with high-level executives globally.
- Experience of event management and commercial awareness of IT industry is highly desirable but not essential.
Event Management, Marketing, Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Event Planning, Marketing Strategy, Microsoft Office, Social Media, Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Management, Project Management, Advertising, Market Research, Business Development, Corporate Events, Customer Service, Marketing Management, Online Advertising, Brand Management.
Send your CV with a cover letter, quoting reference ‘events19sing’ to [email protected].