- Canalys - Channels Research Analyst - UK
Channels Research Analyst - UK - Reading, UK
We are looking for a Research Analyst who will be a part of the Channels research team in Reading and will be responsible for contributing to Canalys' channels analysis research. The individual must be data and results-oriented, hungry to drive the innovation within our services, implement ideas, and work with team members to drive commercial success. The individual will be part of a globally dispersed team, and must be able to manage working with colleagues and senior executives from around the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting the Canalys channels research agenda and conducting primary research with vendors and channel partners to acquire market insights to support clients’ decision making.
- Creating and delivering research deliverables to clients (including reports, survey analysis, responding to client inquiries.
- Presenting research insights to clients’ regional or global team.
- Developing and broadening research network in the EMEA region.
- Contribute to global research engagements/projects, which may include conducting research interviews, creating questionnaires, working with digital research tools.
You are fascinated by technology and the impact that it has on our lives. You are curious about how organizations make technology choices and interested in new business models in the technology industry. You understand the business of technology and are able to articulate your ideas effectively and with clarity. You are comfortable translating data and researched information into actionable insights that can help business leaders make decisions with confidence. You are a self-starter who loves working with small teams, as well as being able work independently on certain tasks.
Qualifications and skills
- Develop a good understanding of the current and emerging market and technology trends and their impact on clients’ business
- Excellent communication skills as the role requires responding to client inquiries, researching channels to market and addressing the press.
- Data oriented, methodical, Python is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills interested in digital tools and how they support research.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, demonstrate leadership skills.
- Willing to learn and share.
- Master's/Bachelor's Degree with a specialization in business, economics, geography, statistics, mathematics, engineering, commerce and/or data science is preferred.
- Prior experience in market research is an added bonus.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, are essential.
- Strong English language verbal and written skills are essential. Fluency in other European languages would be an advantage (especially Spanish).
- Demonstrate an understanding of our company values of Accountability, Quality, Passion, Care, Being Flexible and Thinking Globally.
- Applicants should have the right to legally work in the UK.
The company provides a range of benefits to its employees, including and not limited to a comprehensive medical claim & health insurance policy and variable performance bonus which are competitive and in-line with industry standard.
The successful applicant will join a global, fast-growing and successful company with a relaxed, but hardworking and client-focused culture. We create a platform for innovation and offer an opportunity to become influential in the market. We operate a close-knit working environment, where everyone is treated with respect.
How to apply
- Please send your resume and a cover letter stating in less than 200 words as to why you would make an ideal candidate.
- Email the two documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the keyword ‘RA20CAEMEA’ in the subject line.